Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend News

My girls both worry every weekend what they will write about in their "Weekend News" books at school on Monday. If we ever do something way fun they say, "I'm going to put this in my Weekend News!" As I thought about that this weekend, I thought about two funny stories I wanted to share with you guys!!

1. On Saturday Brian rode his motorcycle to Costco just to have a look around because he just loves to go to stores and not spend money. (I'm SERIOUS!!!) Anyway, I called him and told him of my dire need for him to buy some cheese. He complained that he did not have a backpack and he was on his motorcycle. Well, I told him that I really needed it and he needed to figure out a way to get it home. When he got home, he showed me and the girls how he had stuck the cheese in an inside pocket in his jacket. It fit perfectly! Well, later that night I asked Alli if she wanted a cheesy taco. She looked at me torn between her love of cheesy tacos and her knowledge of right and wrong and asked, "Did dad pay for the cheese?"

2. On Sunday, we were waiting for Brian to finish up his clerk duties at the church. I decided to go to the "Mother's Lounge" to feed Treyson. The girls came in with me and were very conversational. Sylvia started to question me about the Mother's Lounge. She then informed me that the church needed a Dad's Lounge. She then went into detail of what would be different about the Dad's Lounge. (Keep in mind that the mother's lounge in basically a closet with two old soft chairs, two folding chairs, a changing table that can only be used if a chair is moved, and a garbage can!) She said that the Dad's Lounge would need a TV with a couple of couches for them to sleep on. It would definately need to be bigger. It would also need to have sport things like basketball and football. Then she noticed the fogged glass and said the Dad's would need that too because they wouldn't want everyone to see what they were doing. I smiled and asked if she thought that the Dad's would ever go to class. She just smiled and shook her head. She sure is learning at a young age the difference between how a mom and dad "lounge."

I sure enjoy my children. I just have a twinge of sadness everyday at how fast they are growing. At our last conference President Monson gave a talk that profoundly affected my life. I want to share the link and a piece of it.
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-26,00.html

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly...
Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows.

2 comments:

Fun Family Times said...

My favorite is Alli and the cheese, but the dad's lounge is pretty good. Thanks for sharing those cute stories.

Erin said...

Dido! Time sure flies wheather you're busy or slow (huh, whats that?) Enjoy every moment and keep sharing them with us.