Friday, February 13, 2009

Maybe They Are Born That Way

For those of you that don't know, my oldest daughter is very organized and meticulous(Maybe borderline OCD). Sounds great right? It is getting better but sometimes a little overbearing!

So this is my second daughter yesterday--We get in the car to go grocery shopping at Wal-mart. I just happened to glance in the car as I walked by. She had hopped in the car with no jacket and no shoes! (It was raining/snowing outside) This is not a one time occurrence though. Her school backpack is another thing!!! If she happens to get it from the living room to the car it is a miracle. The next miracle is getting it from the car to the classroom.

Now my question is...What did we do so differently? There are so many things I love about both of them. Sylvia can clean a bathroom better than I can and Allison loves life completely. We haven't changed so much. Maybe we didn't do things so differently, maybe they are born that way. However, isn't there a middle ground.

3 comments:

Fun Family Times said...

I love how true that is!

Sara said...

I'm beginning to think they are born that way. Woodstock is absolutely into babies, dolls, mothering and nurturing - about as far from me as a kid as you could get. And while I indulge her, it wasn't something I pushed her toward.

Emily Carter said...

They're born with it! Look at Ivie and Kaya, or Bonnie and I for that matter!