We did have a very interesting day on the day we bought her though. The pet store put her in a little box and gave us some instructions on her care. They said if she ever escapes, she will be very hard to find. So we took her in her little box out to the van. We had brought a little travel cage for her and we decided to transfer her to it so that the girls could watch her on the way home. Well, I didn't really want to touch her so Sylvia did the transferring. Problem, she is very hard to hold on to and dropped out of Sylvia's hands onto the van floor. She ran straight towards me and the open side door. I tried to grab her but she got out of my hands too. She then ran under the other chair in the middle of the van and disappeared. Sylvia and I looked and looked. Alli got down to look too, but as her feet hit the floor mat I told her to get back in her seat, afraid of smashing our new pet. (Remember, we are still in the parking lot of the pet store!!!) Brian, who was not thrilled about the hamster idea, kept calling me on my cell phone, but I could not answer and explain what was going on. We searched for 10-15 minutes. Our van was even clean-with nothing on the floors. Feeling very stupid in the parking lot-I told the girls that we would just close all the doors and drive home to look. Well, just as I shut the door, Sylvia and Alli saw her run under their feet. Sylvia hopped down and was able to catch her. I breathed a deep sigh of relief and took our new pet home. She has only escaped one other time due to Treyson opening her ball that she rolls around in-but luckily Sylvia was close by and was able to catch her immediately. The girls take very good care of her. They clean her cage weekly without even being asked, feed her, and play with her often. All in all, having a hamster is not so bad.
This is OREO!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment